Instant Idli podi |Chutney powder | Hurikadale Chutney podi is made using roasted Roasted Gram / Bengal Gram. It is a spicy and mildly sweet powder served as a side dish for idli/dosa/upma or many south Indian tiffin items. the key item in the powder is roasted gram which has been mildly roasted and powdered. This high protein side dish also makes a perfect topping for a podi idli or a Utthappam.
More about roasted gram and its benefits here.
Detailed recipe video
10 minute Quick Idli podi |Chutney powder | Hurikadale Chutney podi recipe.
Chutney powder – Idli podi
- 1 cup Roasted chana dal / Kadle papu / Hurikadale
- ¼ cup Roasted dry coconut
- ¼ cup Chilli powder Less spicy but colourful chilli powder
- 3 Pieces Fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp Jaggery
- ½ lemon size Tamarind
- 10 leaves Curry leaf
- 1 tsp Salt or as required
- Roast the roasted gram in an dry pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Dry roast the dry coconut for a few minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Dry fry the curry leaves till crisp.
- Add all the dry roasted ingredients and garlic, tamarind, chilli powder, jaggery and salt and powder to coarse powder.
- The perfectly balanced spicy sweet tangy chutney powder is ready.
- Serve with Idly / Dosa/ Upma
This chutney powder pairs very well with any of these dosa.